Monday, July 7, 2008

Just Imagine

Welcome to my first posting on my first blog, in my foray into what remains to be seen.
This blog came about as I tried to "imagine" the life that I wanted to create, embrace, and fully live in.
Excuse me as the road ahead may be bumpy...but in life...after all the journey is all there is.

Can you open your mind and picture your ideal day in your ideal life?
How it feels, what does it look like, what does it sound like, how does it smell?
What would you be doing, where would you be, how would you look and sound?
What would it be like to be in your skin on that day?
Now open your mind just a teensy bit further (no heavy lifting required) and imagine what you could do to make those things real in the present moment.
How can you make more of those things BE each day.
And I'm not talking about the stuff (and I know you saw some stuff -- cause I saw some stuff myself ...just writing about it...more money, the bigger and/or better house, the designer clothes --- you know --- STUFF).
After all it's really not about the STUFF anyway...it's about how the stuff makes us feel.
How we feel holding it, how we look next to it, how we feel telling other people we got it.
So what can we do to feel more like that with 'the same ol' stuff we already have?
How can we learn to be content (dare I say Happy -- maybe even Joyful)?
What if we used all of our available resources(time, money, and our minds for example) more respectfully, wisely, efficiently and effectively.
Most importantly what if we cast our gaze inward instead of out.
What if what we saw was that we ARE ALREADY all that we want and hope to BE.
JUST IMAGINE!


No comments: