Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Be Not Deceived

Ok -- God never fails to amaze me!
He put universal law into effect and it just keeps on going.
You either work with it -- or let it work against you!
Recently, my husband and I recommited to transforming our relationship with money.
We are not spendaholics or gamblers, but we just felt we could be better stewards over that with which we are blessed.
In order to partner action with our vision (see today's previous post: what are you willing to do?), we retooled our budget, committed to becoming totally debt-free, and cleaned out our paper clutter (reorganizing our files and our mail).
This clutter-busting demonstrates respect for what we have.
Plus, it makes room for the overflow to come pouring in.
So what happens when you get moving...you give God something to take over...
In just two days of getting going ...I've found a check I didn't know we had and gotten us a discount on our car insurance plus a refund.
When you crunch the numbers it may not add up to much, but to me it says a WHOLE LOT about what can happen when you jump into God's Divine flow.

1 comment:

Grateful Lisa said...

That's PHENOMENAL! Kudos to you on your finds and early successes!

You've inspired me. Ironically (or not) in a desk drawer and a pile I tackled today, I found a savings bond for our daughter from my mother-in-law (oops! best believe I'm writing out that thank you note pronto!) and $10 cash buried in an envelope of some mail that was sent to my husband from a colleague to cover postage for something he mailed to him earlier!

Also, I "shopped at home" and found a dress to wear to a theatre outing tomorrow, when at first I'd pondered buying something new.

Thanks for your example. God is indeed something.